Saturday 12 April 2014

Nirma skirt of rayon fabric

I always wanted to make the nirma skirt (free pattern) with rayon fabric and when I found this at the toni textiles in london Goldhawk road I was super excited to make the skirt.
Rayon is very soft and is natural - best for my little girl I thought.

FREE PATTERN - FULL INSTRUCTIONS AND VIDEO HERE

Now that my pattern is fully ready and published, I've dared to make it with a little slippery fabric. I used fabric starch for the hem and used the double fold method to finish the hem.

Really enjoyed making the skirt, and the best part was one of the ladies at toddler group asked where I bought it :).
As usual I couldn't stop blushing as I told her " I MADE IT" :)
As it is KCW week, I've been sewing a lot. I may not probably sew the next 1 week if I can resist myself not to sew :) 


Video here 





Thanks,
Preethi.

If you enjoyed reading this you can either like my facebook page to get all updates and more or you can opt to receive posts via email. Don't forget to activate your subscription though!

11 comments:

  1. Wish I could see your cutie-pie's face, the skirt on her looks tooooo cute :) Lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Divya. Yeah, I keep deliberating whether I should show her face, may be I should :)

      Delete
  2. Oh!! That's the greatest compliment for a sewer! Congratulations! Looks gorgeous! I just love the fabrics you chose!

    Regards,
    Sindhu
    Tantu
    The Arts & Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sindhu for your kind words. :)

      Delete
  3. Sewing rayon is very tricky...I've had a bad experience but the outcome was good...
    I would appreciate if u can share some tips on handling rayon
    Thnx
    Mayuri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mayuri, I used spray starch at the seams and hem. You can see the picture in this post where I used it for viscose fabric as well. Fabric becomes really easy to handle - http://widicreations.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/supplies-poltam-skirt.html.

      Delete
  4. that skirt looks good whatever fabric you try.. thanks for a wonderful pattern, preethi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaya. It is my favorite skirt and favorite pattern. It just twirls so well.

      Delete
  5. Nice article,
    I read your blog very deeply and its amazing or very informative for me. its picture is beautiful. I am thankful to you for sharing information about rayon fabrics. I have a website from where you will find Rayon fabrics and other fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...