Saturday 26 April 2014

nightie - first try

Thanks all who said they wanted to see the next free pattern-  a nightie. I'm learning to make an epattern and you can see how I'm  getting along here.

The one that I'm showing below is done by just tracing around one of the t-shirts of my daughter as the ePattern is not yet ready.
Well I know it is meant to be a nightie and I'm supposed to make it longer. :) But that is all the fabric I had and I really wanted to get started. The light blue is lining left over from the phus phus skirt and the dark blue is the lining left over from poltam skirt.

I used the breadth of the fabric and there is no side seams. One less (or rather 2 ) work to do. :)
Even the yoke to the body attachment is all hidden. It came out really neat, sorry I didn't iron before taking a photo.
Attaching the trimming - oh go it wrong once and after finishing I realised I did another mistake. Scroll down to see.

You can see in the above photo the trimming has gone under the fabric. I sew the trimming on the right side before attaching the shoulders - what was I thinking. Learning!!
Should have got a close up photo to show you.

Once I finish the ePattern then I'll make another one. I've a half meter fabric. Will try with that and perfect the body and then I can then add length later :)

Have a good Sunday!!

If you enjoyed reading this you can either like my facebook page to get all updates and more or you can opt to receive posts via email. Don't forget to activate your subscription though!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute nigghtie...my kids r already asking me to make one (each)...:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mayuri. How old are they? I'm planning to release 2 yr pattern first and then grade it which will be another learning for me :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...