Thursday 10 April 2014

Introducing Nirma skirt

Finally I tell you why it is called Nirma skirt.
For full instructions of Nirma skirt pls goto - Nirma skirt free pattern. 


When I made the first skirt for daughter's friend it totally reminded me of the Nirma ad we used to watch on television when little.
Washing powder nirma :). (Sorry people outside India)

Nirma, washing powder nirma,
doodh si safedi, nirma se aaye,
rangeen kapda bhi khil khil jaaye,
sabki pasand nirma, washing powder nirma, nirma!






The pattern is not exactly the same though. It has huge circle skirt attached to a rather large waistband.
It is more like a gathered circle skirt. A super quick video introduction to the skirt below - this is what I'll try to show you how to make :)
So lets get started. If you cannot see video below click here



You can see how it twirls in the below video that I had posted  here when I made the Nirma skirt for daughter.
If you cannot see the below video click here

Thanks,
Preethi.

If you enjoyed reading this you can either like my facebook page to get all updates and more or you can opt to receive posts via email. Don't forget to activate your subscription though!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the steps and idea.Im going to try to make this style of skirt for my 5th grade daughter for school in navy blue #fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...