Thursday 1 May 2014

Nightie Free Pattern Second try

Ok This is my second try and it quite looks like a nightie. Only thing different I did from my first try was to extend the length. I guess this pattern could double as summer dress? What say?
Had been to TK max today and saw lots of dresses in this pattern. I'm not sure anymore to call this a nightie or not?
Well I'm teasing here saying coming soon, but I really need to test the pattern I made at least a few times (may 3-4 minimum)  before releasing?Please bear with me


Nighty Free Pattern




Learning:
1. Attaching convex to concave curves is a technique really. I had to notch the edges for the fabric to lay flat to sew.  The most time consuming part of the dress is aligning the yoke to the body front and back, and this is only because I want it to look super neat inside out.
I told you, not a single seam of inside seen - not even where it attaches to the yoke.
2. Attach Bias binding : Learn't how to neatly attach bias binding even if sewing is not perfect (like me).

I'll put all my learning in the tutorial for you all! :)
Nighty Free Pattern
Nighty Free Pattern
I'm already thinking about doing some embroidery on the yoke. Wouldn't that be lovely.

Nightie Free Pattern

How pretty are these buttons.
Nightie Free Pattern
Nightie Free Pattern
Little one was walking with a trellis I use for peas and in no time they were both fighting with them. I had to then stop photographing :)



Nightie Free Pattern
Nightie Free Pattern

Nightie Free Pattern

Nightie Free Pattern

Nightie Free Pattern
 I don't know what is wrong my machine, the zig zag stitch really struggles, same with buttonholes.
Nightie Free Pattern
 I bias binded the armholes and neckline with store bought bias tape. It was super easy to do.I attached it to the wrong side and then right side. Really good.

I promise not long. I've just another one to test and after that I'll make the tutorial.
My final step on ePattern to learn is to divide the pattern up in pages so you can print.



If you enjoyed reading this you can either like my facebook page to get all updates and more or you can opt to receive posts via email. Don't forget to activate your subscription though!

4 comments:

  1. Darling! Thanks for linking up to Inspire Us Thursdays on The Inspired Wren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute, I love the fabric!! Just also saw your third attempt on FB... so cute!! also, featuring at my weekend Create Link Inspire features.. I've spread the news all around my social media and tagged you ;o) Would love a reshare or two ;o) Emily@nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emily. Will share for sure.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...